Mateson Gutierrez (Harmonic)
FileMaker has all the native tools you need to integrate with the world of Google—but where do you start? In this session we'll walk through the journey of integrating a simple FileMaker file with Google. We'll teach you how to setup your Google account for access, how to teach FileMaker the "secret handshake" (now you're in the club), and how to utilize Google's JSON responses in meaningful ways. We'll provide examples of integrating with the Google apps we have all come to know and use in our every day lives.
What you should know
Experience with the Insert from URL script step, REST APIs, cURL, and JSON.
Products & Technologies
- Demo file & Keynote slides are available for download below.
- Be sure to have the demo file downloaded to follow along during this workshop.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding Google's API needs
- How to setup the "handshake" in FileMaker
- What to do with these JSON responses
- Real world uses with Google & FileMaker in action
- 08/09/2018 1:38pm - Added PDF of slides including notes