Programmatically Turn Off Script Triggers

Idea created by vince.menanno on Oct 28, 2015
    Active
    Score154

Now that we have PSoS and people love it. Sometimes people forget that all the File Option script triggers will fire with you invoke a PSoS script.

And if they have a long startup script then they wonder why their PSoS scripts are not performing as fast as they thought they should be. Or they might have a script that navigates to layout that also has script triggers attached to it.

The bigger problem I see is that, as a developer, I have taken great care to craft my script to do exactly what I have told it to do. Then when I run it I get unexpected results - why ... because there are other scripts - TRIGGERS to be specific. That are getting in the way of my server side script. To add more frustration I can't debug those scripts so I have to run them locally first.

Wouldn't it be just great to be able to have a single function like Set Error Capture [ON/OFF] ... so

Set Script Triggers [ON/OFF]

If you Set Triggers [OFF] then no triggers will run for the duration of your script.

If that isn't the best place to put this then a better place can be found I am sure - but you guys are smart so I am confident that you can work this out. Its an absolute must.

Thanks