Variable names are THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF ERRORS in scripts. Variable name TYPOS are SO EASY TO MAKE and SO DIFFICULT TO FIND!*
When typing a formula in a script and a $variable name is started a list of already defined variables should be suggested in the auto complete menu.
- Only variables which have been defined earlier in the script should be listed.
- Variables which are defined later in the script should NOT be listed
- In the first implementation it would be sufficient to only list $$Variables if they are defined earlier in the script
- An advanced implementation could suggest ALL $$variables defined anywhere in the file - but this would require FMI to keep a central list
- Less errors due to typos in variable names
- increased productivity
- less ANGST when scripting with variables
- lass maintenance of bugs in delivered databases
- Scripting with variables