The format painter appears to paint too much LocalCSS to target objects (so that they have a red triangle when they should not), giving the developer the feeling, that the format painter is broken. (This has led many developers to boycott the tool - and that sadly just at a time when many developers are implementing themes and styles in their databases, where the format painter would save oodles of time.)
However, when the layout is saved FileMaker optimizes the LocalCSS, so that all objects style + formatting is again correct.
The format painter should be improved to optimize the LocalCSS at the time of use, so that
- the style+formatting of the target object is immediately identical to that of the source object, and
- no more confusion + doubt occurs during the layouting process.
- Helps Improve UX of Layouting with Themes and Styles: no confusion, no doubt, no boycotting of a useful tool
- Greater productivity
- More FileMakery, easy and obvious
- Happier FM-developers
- Creating and manipulating layouts which use themes and styles