Currently - in fm14 - if a style is deleted all objects having that style have their style AND their appearance reset to default.
This occurs ...
- when the style is deleted manually,
- during theme update when the style is not in the new theme - NOT ANY MORE - this has been fixed in fm14.0.1 , however, there is still a bug in a special case - dealt with elsewhere:
- during theme update where a style is deleted because a style of the same name but different type exists in the new theme
Deleting a style manually should show the same behavior as when importing themes, i.e.
- When a style is deleted manually all objects in the file having that style should RETAIN their appearance.
- All style formatting should become local formatting (i.e. FullCSS should be moved to LocalCSS)
- holding the [ALT] Key should reset the appearance to Default (the old behavior)
- Helps Improve UX of Layouting with Themes and Styles
- Deleting styles will not have such catastrophic consequences
- Deleting styles becomes less SCARY
- It makes it possible to repair styles over a longer period without having gaping holes in the UI.
- Less errors in the UI
- Happier developers AND happier endusers
- More natural / more FileMakery
- Removing unwanted styles (which however may still be in use)