Why not use Filemaker 14's Slide Control to double as a Programmer's Documentation note pad and as a slide out help panel for end users. Below is a description of the suggested functionality:
Developer's Documentation Slide Control (DDSC)
- This slide control would be accessible only to individuals with Admin or Developer login credentials in Layout Mode.
- This control would enable developers to embed programming notes that are layout specific. This would be very helpful when using portals, merge variables, slide controls and buttons on a layout. Eliminates having to reference the relationship table or generate a DDR to keep track of your work.
- Can also be used to record troubleshooting notes during production.
- A print option would enable you print out and store hard copies.
- Embedded hyper links would provide instant access to DDSCs in other layouts
User Documentation Slide Control (UDSC)
- This slide control would enable developers to embed user help documentation on a slide control on a layout.
- This control would work in conjunction with the Help tab so that clicking the Help tab in a solution would open the UDSC in that layout.
- Makes it very easy to create content sensitive user help info.
- The ability to add video, screenshots and hyper links.
- Since the UDSC is linked to the layout ID, this provides a way to update help documentation using Filemaker server.