Take a serial letter with more than one page. How to format that?
If you want a bigger letterhead on page one for every address there is no way to do that with headers, if you want a smaller letterhead on the second, third and fourth page at the same time.
Same problem with footers.
This is a realworld problem: Multipage Form Letters: Headers, Page Breaks, etc.
Therefor I suggest more flexibility for parts, especially headers and footers via options. Possible options:
- scale parts such as header/footer yes or no
- make header/footer smaller automatically regarding the content size yes or no
- print header/footer on every page, only the very first page, the first page for every record, the very last page, the last page for every record
- hide header/footer completely if condition xy is met
- show navigation part in page preview yes or no - needed for interface elements if the standard toolbar is hidden