Script workspace: Highlight script in left panel after clicking script in middle panel

Idea created by SteveNoble on Sep 7, 2016
    Active
    Score8
    • Benjamin Fehr
    • hbrendel
    • flybynight
    • arnoldkegebein
    • Johan Hedman
    • HortGroup
    • SteveNoble
    • CamelCase_data

When working in script workspace and you click on a script name in the left panel, the script name highlights in blue (see graphic below). The highlight disappears when you click on the same script in the center panel.

Why this matters

Some times I like to see what script folder I am working in OR open the script above, below or near the script I am working in to compare the two. Currently behavior: you cannot see the name of the script in the left panel and where you are in reference to other scripts, once you have clicked the center panel.

I assume this is because when you click the center panel you are now in the context of the center panel. So maybe the highlight in the left panel can turn to grey rather than blue when you click in the center panel.

You can right click on the tab in the middle tab and click "select in scripts pane" that will highlight the script in the left panel again, but disappears after clicking on the script in the middle panel. It would be easier of the script name in the left panel stayed highlighted or changed to highlighted in grey.

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 4.24.03 PM.png