Issue: keyboard shortcuts / shorthand / abbreviations for script steps in the script workspace default to seldom-used commands rather than commonly used commands. This makes using the script workspace more tedious, more error-prone, less productive, and less delightful than it could be.
Idea: allow users to customize the shortcuts.
Example 1, desired result: Set Variable
- on blank script line, type 'v' - result: View As
- try 'va' - result: Open Manage Value Lists
- try 'var' - result: Set Variable
I use Set Variable all day long. I'd like to just hit 'v' and get it. (And yes, I know that 'sv' will do it but 'v' would be even better.)
Example 2, desired result: Exit Script
- type 'es' - result: Execute SQL
- type 'ex' - same
- type 'sc' - result: Scroll Window
Here I'd be happy with two letters. What's annoying is that the default results are commands I almost never use whereas again Exit Script is one I use all the time.