It should be possible to specify field objects by TableName::FieldName (i.e. their fully qualified field name).
The referenced object should be identified in a two step process:
- First match on layout object name
- If that fails match on field name
Thus an object named "MyTable::MyField" will be referenced before Field MyTable::MyField.
- Brings function in line with the new Layout Objects window
- No need to give fields redundant object names (only needed when field is duplicated on a layout)
- Greater productivity
- Easier to maintain
- More modular due to less redundant code dependency
- Getting bounds of fields in order to place Card Windows
- Specifying plugin drag drop areas.