Custom colours in charts

Idea created by patrickneame on Jun 8, 2017
    Active
    Score17

I would like to be able to customise the colours in charts as opposed to using FileMaker's colours

The background ...

I have a little file that I threw together to use on my iPhone for the Le Mans race last year and with Le Mans coming round again I’ve been doing a few tweaks.

There are four car classes at Le Mans, each class has a different background colour for its race number. LMP1 is red, LMP2 is blue, GT Pro is Green, and GT Am is Orange.

There are also four classes of driver license, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze.

One of my layouts has a chart showing the total drivers with each license and then the number of drivers in each car class with that license.

So for Platinum the total is 71 with 15 in LMP1, 17 in P2 etc. It’s fine and displays everything correctly.

But it would be nice if the totals for each class within each license group could display the colour relevant to each car class.

I know that this is possible with a plug in (XM Charts) and I've had a discussion on FileMaker Experts about this. But it would be nice if Fielmaker could do this natively not least because it requires a server connection to work and that isn't an option trackside.