Pull down to refresh / Get new records when finished scrolling

Idea created by jfencil on Apr 18, 2018
    Active
    Score2
    • Hemant Kumar Patel
    • jfencil

Hello Everyone!

As most of you are aware, many applications out there allow a user to pull down on a list to get new records from a data source, i.e SnapChat, Twitter, Instagram etc...

It would be nice to be able to load more records when the user is finished scrolling....I would prefer that this happened systematically rather than forcing a user to pull more records. Example Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. While you are scrolling and get towards the end of the list, records are automatically loaded.

I load about 100 records from an API and then would like to be able to get more records once the user scrolls down to the end of the list. I would like to avoid the paging tab which requires users to load more records when they are finished scrolling.

I was thinking that we could somehow use the already existing feature: Show current record indicator in List View but modify that to adjust while a user was scrolling. Then I would be able to identify which record the user has scrolled through.

This would be for FM Go 16.

Thank you!

SOLUTION: FileMaker could use the already existing feature: Show current record indicator in List View/Show field frames when record is active but modify that to adjust through the records while a user was scrolling. Then I would be able to identify which record the user has scrolled through or is currently viewing and load my next page of records that way. So once the user reaches the last record, the system would know to load more records from that point on etc....