"Error: No records are present" - Hide dialog in File Options/Layout Setup

Idea created by jfencil on May 31, 2018
    Active
    Score12

I completely understand that this is a small blip in regards to Product Ideas being considered, but hear me out....

This would be a very helpful fix for those who take pride in designing a uniform UI for mobile and FM GO.

Has anyone seen the following error message on a layout with no records?

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 3.12.46 PM.png

"No records are present. To create a new record choose the Add Record command."

Well, it is pretty hard to remove this error message! Even SetErrorCapture[On] does not suppress the error message.

FileMaker, please allow us to disable this message as it is ascetically displeasing when we are able to control all of our other custom dialog messages. Rather than forcing us to work around this error message, could you provide an option to hide this error within Layout Setup or File Options?

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 3.12.01 PM.png

There could easily be a checkbox that states "Hide no record error dialog". You get the idea.

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 3.11.49 PM.png

There could also easily be a checkbox that states "Hide no record error dialog". Again, you get the idea.

I completely understand that this is a small blip in regards to Product Ideas being considered, but it would be a very helpful and satisfying fix for those who would love to keep a uniform UI.