Keyboard shortcut to change calculation result format

Idea created by realgrouchy on Jun 11, 2018
    Active
    Score10

I came to see if this was already an idea and to submit it if not. The closest was beverly put it in this comment to another product idea:

"I do wish for shortcut to make this change rather than having to mouse to the selection and change this type. Use the shortcuts that appear (or are used) when one is defining fields also in the Calculation dialog for changing the result type."

In my own words: After repeatedly pressing Cmd+D to try to duplicate fields and instead changing their format to Date, I eventually got used to the keyboard shortcuts to change the field format:

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.17.49.jpg

But now when I want to change a calculation result from number to text, I try to use these shortcuts expecting the same result, and nothing happens. I have to move my hand ALL THE WAY OVER from my keyboard to my mouse (the indignity!) and click on the box to change the calculation result. Or I can tab four times to get from the calculation area to this field.

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.18.05.jpg

A little annoying missing feature, a simple request. Anyhow, I'm putting this as a separate idea so people can vote for it.

Related product ideas:

Auto-Recognition of Type of Calculation Result

Changing field class to calculation should retain type.

Show Calculation Data Type in Field List

- RG>