Easily convert perform script to PSOS (and vice versa)

Idea created by amsc on Jul 1, 2018
    Active
    Score4
    • Johan Hedman
    • amsc
    • Vincent_L
    • Markus Schneider

Summary: In the script viewer, have an ability to take a perform script step and convert it to a perform script on server (and vice versa). 

Benefits: Time savings

Reasons:  There are two areas this could help - development and troubleshooting.  Development: I tend to do early development work on a local computer.  I will often test scripting locally before I upload to a development server for further testing.  During this initial testing, I use the perform script step, but when I upload, I need to go into the scripts, and make a new PSOS script step.  For simple perform script steps, this is not an issue, but sonetimes the parameters field is quite large which requires going in, copying the parameters, and pasting them into the new script step.  Troubleshooting:  similarly here, I will sometimes troubleshoot locally so I can use the debugger.  An ability to quickly switch a PSOS script step to PS would be a great time savings. 

Implementation suggestion:  Have the ability to click on the script step and switch it to the other (i.e. PS to PSOS, or PSOS to PS).