Right+clicking on a field exposes some handy find short-cuts:
Find Matching Records
Constrain Found Set
- Extend Found Set
Each of these allows me to quickly modify the found set without entering find mode to specify a find request.
I'd find it useful to add 'Exclude from Found Set' to that suite of right+click options. This would be the equivalent of:
- Copying that field's value to my clipboard
- Entering find mode
- Pasting that value into the field
- Omitting the find request
- Constraining the found set
This would allow me to quickly omit sets of records from my found set, reducing the found set to just those records that are currently relevant.
- Right+click in the STATE field on the value "California".
- Select "Exclude from Found Set" contextual menu item.
- All records with STATE = "California" would be omitted from the found set.
The three existing find options use a relaxed search. E.g., applying "Constrain Found Set" on the value "New" would also find "New York". Thus I would expect that applying "Exclude from Found Set" on the value "New" would also exclude "New York".