Issue: It may be relevant to be able to scroll the text of a field that is not editable (locked by privilege set or by field entry being disabled).
- Fields that have Field Entry [Browse mode] turned of are totally blocked. And even if "Show vertical scroll bar" is checked it can not be used.
- Fields that have Field Entry [Browse mode] active but are locked by the privilege set will allow the user to enter the field and scroll. But if the user then believe that he/she can edit an ugly default uncustomizable error deialog will occur.
- The same is the case if you use the calculated field work-around.
Idea: A solution where you can scroll a field even though you can not edit it.
- A new field type "Scroll field" that can be scrolled but not edited.
- A property for a calculation field: Allow scrolling without error dialogs.
The ui/ux problem is that it may be confusing for the user to be able to enter a field without being able to edit it and not getting error dialog. Solution: Defining a style that make it very obvious that this is a display field.
There are probably many other ways of doing this. Suggestions!