AnsweredAssumed Answered

All records somehow have the same number

Question asked by MikeDaw on Oct 2, 2013
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

All records somehow have the same number

I work for a screen printing company and we're using FileMaker Pro 9.0 v3 to archive unique films. So, each new set of films will have a 5 digit art number and we print each FileMaker tag to go with that set of films. It's very important that the FileMaker tags match the films' design numbers. Somehow, FileMaker pro has conformed ALL 25,325 film records to have the same number. I don't know how this happened or how to reverse this. It happened around the same time last year as well and I couldn't find a way to fix it without manually changing ALL 25,325 film records. 

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how were you able to fix this? Were you able to at all? The "undo" feature under "Edit" is gray, so I can't even try that. I tried calling FileMaker and they basically told me to search the forums or try Google. If anyone here can help, please let me know. I don't want to spend company money trying to manually revert something that can be fixed in just a few keystrokes.

filemaker-all-records.jpg

Outcomes