AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parse XML

Question asked by ChrisJohnston on Jul 18, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 by ChrisJohnston

Title

Parse XML

Your post

I am not using FileMaker Server I am using FileMaker Advanced 13, I ask my question here because I know the sever users may some good experience with web calls. Related to a solution I am building I want to send a call to the web something like

http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&responseencoding=XML&appid=test-8816-0040a0642500&siteid=0&version=825&ItemID=231280001995&IncludeSelector=ItemSpecifics

So the returned XML (pic) is what I want to extract the data from. I have some way to interact with PHP so I can do this, and have the data as I need it. I would then need to also send it to FileMaker. My question is does FileMaker have a way to parse XML returned from a web call? Or is there any other knowledge that I am missing about the way FileMaker can work with this whole process. I realize that what I am asking may be very specific to what I am doing, but just wanted to check the knowledge and experience of other users to see if there are already known ways of doing what I want. Thanks

xmlreturn.png

Outcomes