AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set Container to WebViewer Source

Question asked by Frettle on Oct 13, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 by Frettle

Hi Everyone,

FM Version: FileMaker Pro 14.0.2

Windows 7

I have recently been messing around with FileMaker, and in particular getting an offline QR solution working. I have used API's but would like to do away with them as they can be temperamental at times and not ideal.

I stumbled upon an Offline Javascript solution which does everything entirely inside of a WebViewer, all I needed to do was link this to a text field. This works great and looks really crisp in browse mode.. however, when switching to Preview mode the WebViewer will become blurred/fuzzy. Research has shown this is most likely a bug and I'm not sure if and when this might get fixed.

So I am now looking to have a script transfer the contents of the WebViewer over to the container, this way the image appears crisp within Preview Mode. I have messed around with GetLayoutObjectAttribute and set the container field to the "source and "content" among other things, the most progress I made was getting a '.png' logo to appear in the container field after using the Base64Decode function. However it seems the information that was being passed to the container field was not correct, I manually took the base64 it was passing and placed this inside of a decoder and get error message after error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have also attached an example file so you can see the blurry preview image I am trying to get around.

Thanks

Attachments

Outcomes