AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto select pop up menu value list item based on text string in from another field

Question asked by dennismoorejr on Jan 16, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 by dennismoorejr

I am working with the following related databases.

Participants  Table

ParticipantID

Transaction Table

ParticipantID (Value List based on Participant Table::ParticpantID)  ::ParticpantLastName (Participant Table)  ::PartipantFirstName (Participant Table)

Also included on the transaction table is import from excel worksheets info inlcuding

LastName FirstName

I am looking for a way to have the fields ::ParticipantID select the proper record when the names of the Tranasction::LastName + Transaction::FirstName match a record.

Knowing the following;

Participant Table Record # 1 includes the following information;

ParticipantID   ParticipantLastName  ParticipantFirstName

0001                Rubble                         Barney

When I import records into the transaction table with the following record information

Trans #    ::ParticpantID  ::ParticpantLastName  ::ParticipantFirstName   TransLastName  TransFirstName     TransAmount

01                                                                                                                  Rubble               Barney               $100.00

I would like the ::ParticipantID ::ParticpantLastName ::ParticipantFirstName fields to grab record number 0001 from the particpant table and populate the fields appropriately.

Currently the ::ParticpantID filed on the Transaction table is a pop up menu with a value list based on the ParticpantID records info.

I am trying to create transaction entries that are connected after import to the proper particpantID.

I am very very very new at this.  Meaning it is my first time working with Final Cut.

The Particpant Table and Transaction Table ParticipantID are related.

Thank you in advance.

Outcomes