AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookups and Field Display

Question asked by joelaw on Dec 5, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 by joelaw

Down to only two glitches to resolve.  Using FMP15.

#1. I have 4 tables but 1 is not related to anything (worksheet).  There is a field that records the number of members present to a worksheet.  I am trying to print that field on my donations report but cannot get it to show up.  I have tried linking a relationship to the donations table from the worksheet.  Does not work.  I have tried portals and many other ways to get this field to print on the donations report but, no can do.

I am missing something but can't find out what?

#2. On my donations table form, I have a lookup for the member name.  When I add a new record request and enter data into the name field using a lookup the (RecordOpenState) goes from a 1 to 2.  The lookup forces it to be a modified record not a new record.  No other field on the form does this when data is entered.  I have a script that detects the RecordOpenState and ask to Save the record by entering  'yes/no' when the record is finished but only when the record has been completed.  When I enter a lookup name in the name field it ask to save record which requires an extra step before completing entry.  I don't want it to ask until the record is complete.  The script was from an online example I copied.  If I create a new record the script RecordOpenState = 1 and the script works as a NEW record until I do the name lookup which changes it to a 2.  It is no longer a NEW record so it ask to save at this point.  Is there a way to prevent the lookup from setting the RecordOpenState = 2 or a work around?

I can 'Split' this record (duplicate the record) if a member designates multiple amounts for different accounts on one check. I don't want to enter the rest of the data again so I duplicate it and clear only the amount and account.  The RecordOpenState is then set to 1 since I am not entering the name field again, and I never see the save record option again.

One way it ask to save the record twice and the other is doesn't ask at all.

This is my script:

Script.png

I know that some of you can answer this for me.

Thanks,

Joe L.

Outcomes