AnsweredAssumed Answered

All fields on our layout disappeared!!!!

Question asked by mrc2013 on Dec 5, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 by greatgrey

I was working in fmpro v12, stored on a plain external drive with no software. I had been editing records for 4 hours, using quickfind to find indivdual records with no problem and then I did a quickfind and it returned a blank screen with no fields in form view. when I go to "enter layout" there are no fields, it is blank.  The fields are still there when you switch to table view. The data all appears to be there, but the form view for that layout is gone! This is the second this has happened. iIt happened the last time the database was edited (records only, no changes to layouts etc) and our IT got us a back up. (thank you IT!!)  This data base has been used for 7 plus years, it is large (8000 records, one table) and a lot of fields/layouts, but only 1 or 2 tables.  There are a lot of scripts, but most all are simple (1-2 steps).  I saved a copy of the dbase and am doing a recover on the file.  Not sure what to do, what has happened. Anyone have any ideas? suggestions?  thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Outcomes