Community News

Brian Hamm
Click to view contentA bunch of Swift related stuff now resides at GitHub for anyone who wants to nerd out. GitHub - starsite/SwiftFM: A service class for Swift 4.2 to work with the FileMaker Data API   :: Xcode, Swift, CloudKit, CoreData, FileMaker Data API :: Art Con 9.3 uses the FileMaker Data API to drive the Playlist ViewController, furthest to the right.…
in App Innovations
David Weiner
Click to view contentThis is a replacement for the default Enlightened Theme. I've only made simple improvements to it, so it should drop right in to a layout that uses the Enlightened Theme and leave it completely intact.   Old Enlightened: More Enlightened:   Most of the work was to remove the gradients, modernize the buttons and accent colors, and remove…
in App Innovations
360Works
  Why two-factor authentication?   Security is a critical component of any web or mobile application. Two-factor authentication ensures that only the user signing in is authorized to use a given account. Whether your FileMaker solution is set up with internal or external (via Open Directory, Active Directory, OAuth identity provider)… (Show more)
in Product Announcements
monkeybreadsoftware
In the last two weeks I worked on new functions for MBS FileMaker Plugin to read smart cards. We got a client interested in reading Belgian national identity card and a client interested in reading Swiss Health Insurance cards. We got both working with our latest MBS Plugins.     For testing, we used both the Smart Card Reader from König (left)…
in Product Announcements
steve_ssh
Click to view contentBackground:   This is a revival of an old project originally realized using v.14 of FileMaker Server:   An integration of HTML5 Speech Recognition with WebDirect, using the Google Chrome browser.   Way back then, I posted a YouTube video about it, and recently someone saw that video, and inquired if I would share the details of how it works.  …
in App Innovations
DB services
Using FileMaker, your data, and a word processor such as Microsoft Word, you are able to reduce the amount of double data entry as well as human error by using Mail Merge.   In this article, we cover how you can achieve that goal using your FileMaker.   Be sure to check out the article! Mail Merge with FileMaker   Joseph Yeager dbservices.com… (Show more)
in Product Announcements
schermpeter
New FileMaker 17 version lets you schedule the display of notifications on screen.   Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, November 14, 2018–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 7.5 for FileMaker Pro 17.     What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?   Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of… (Show more)
in Product Announcements
mdenyse
This document is intended to provide a list of available packages/wrappers for use with FileMaker's Data API and Admin API interface. If you don't see a package in the lists below please let me know and I will add it.   Data API Language Package Author URL C# fmdata Nate Bross GitHub - fuzzzerd/fmdata: A simple .NET Standard client for the…
in Product Announcements
monkeybreadsoftware
Hello,   in this thread I want to post to you what's new in 8.5 prerelease plugins.   Download is available as usual here: https://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/filemaker/files/Prerelease/   If you like our plugin, bookmark, like or forward this thread. If not, well you can ignore it.   Thanks for supporting our plugin.   For questions please do not… (Show more)
in Product Announcements
fmpdude
Click to view contentSince problems have been reported with FMS and installed Java versions, please be careful with Java and FMS using this tutorial. There are warnings in the tutorial below. Additionally, the code below is not intended to be production ready, just another example showing how to drastically enhance the power in FMP.   ---------------   This tutorial…
in App Innovations
beverly
Click to view contentI will be adding a few of my common XSLT (XML Stylesheet Language Transform). Sometimes I just need a quick table for Custom Functions, ValueList, Layouts, you know ... those places we don't have a "print" button under the File > Manage > menu items The intent is to provide some of these "lists/tables" for those who may be interested. Please post…
in App Innovations
user28897
Hello everyone.   I got tired of dealing with so many excel files and needing to merge them instead of uploading one at time I decided to do a little apple scripting.   Well after searching around for a way to merge multiple files all with the same headers I found a way to merge them online only if csv files.   So I took that and a bit of code…
in App Innovations
Load more items