FileMaker Platform Resources

steve_ssh
Synopsis:   Over the last few days I had fun playing around with a technique for gathering data from the current found set into well-formed JSON.  This post shares some of that experimentation.     Background:   In the Community, there has already been considerable discussion and exploration of the topic of gathering found set data through a…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
Since problems have been reported with FMS and installed Java versions, please be careful with Java and FMS using this tutorial. There are warnings in the tutorial below. Additionally, the code below is not intended to be production ready, just another example showing how to drastically enhance the power in FMP.   ---------------   This tutorial…
in App Innovations
bhamm@mac.com
I've tested all of these Apple URL schemes, and most of the third-party app schemes (for the apps/services I have). URL schemes can/and sometimes do change, so this list will be updated as needed. If you see something wrong, send me a message. This isn't meant to be an exhaustive list. The aim is to maintain a list of widely used/common apps for…
in App Innovations
weihaoding
Tableau is a leading Business Intelligence (BI) and charting product that gained its popularity among the FileMaker community in the past couple of years. With FileMaker 16 introducing the Tableau connector, Tableau can connect to a FileMaker solution utilizing the FileMaker Data API without having to export data from FileMaker then import into…
in App Innovations
user6484
WAN performance can be difficult to measure and improve. Your solution works great in the office, but when used outside your network, it is slow. Why? How can you make it better? This is the topic of many community  postings and DevCon sessions over the years. Since network latency is often a significant factor in slow performance, the collective… (Show more)
in FileMaker Platform Resources
steve_ssh
Synopsis:   This document is home for a custom function that I use whenever I need to work with an external file that is (to be) located in the FMP temp directory.   Because different functionality requires different styles of path (e.g. FMP path, Posix path, URL), I found it helpful to encapsulate the details of proper path composition into a…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
Installing an SSL Certificate Into FileMaker Server 17 Using KeyTool/KeyStore  Approximately 1,980 words Approximate reading time: 8 minutes   Introduction After all the postings on the FileMaker forum where people have issue after issue installing SSL, FMS 17, surprisingly, removes CSR creation from the Administration Console. Some might argue,…
in App Innovations
proofgroup
build Javascript/HTML charts for FileMaker with ease!   GitHub - nedbsolutions/fmEZCharts: fmEZCharts - Create Amazing Chart for FileMaker in minutes. No JS experience required…   fmEZCharts is powered by the ChartJS Library. For more information go to the javascript tab and click on the Labels to view the full license and javascript libraries.…
in App Innovations
Dillik
The DefaultFields.xml file tells FileMaker Pro Advanced which fields to automatically add to newly created tables. This post details a minimal set of instructions your file needs to make FMPA auto-create the fields you want. (For instructions on where this file should reside, see the documentation.)   For FMPA to auto-create any fields, the…
in App Innovations
bhamm@mac.com
What You'll Learn How to build a simple FIAS project in Xcode with a Swift App Delegate. How to trigger a script from the App Delegate.   What This Post Is /Not/ A tutorial on Xcode A tutorial on Swift A tutorial on Terminal   Requirements iOS App SDK 17+  // 17.0.2 as of this writing Xcode 9+         //  9.4.1 as of this writing   Here's What…
in App Innovations
bhamm@mac.com
I took the Data API (v.17) for a spin. Here are some examples for anyone who wants to see a working auth/token and query call in Swift 4. The other request types (create, edit, delete) are pretty similar, I don't need to post them all.   Obviously this is lousy error handling, and I'm just sending returned objects to the console. If you're a…
in App Innovations
Load more items