FileMaker Platform Resources

fmpdude
Click to view contentSince problems have been reported with FMS and installed Java versions, please be careful with Java and FMS using this tutorial. There are warnings in the tutorial below. Additionally, the code below is not intended to be production ready, just another example showing how to drastically enhance the power in FMP.   ---------------   This tutorial…
in App Innovations
beverly
Click to view contentI will be adding a few of my common XSLT (XML Stylesheet Language Transform). Sometimes I just need a quick table for Custom Functions, ValueList, Layouts, you know ... those places we don't have a "print" button under the File > Manage > menu items The intent is to provide some of these "lists/tables" for those who may be interested. Please post…
in App Innovations
user28897
Hello everyone.   I got tired of dealing with so many excel files and needing to merge them instead of uploading one at time I decided to do a little apple scripting.   Well after searching around for a way to merge multiple files all with the same headers I found a way to merge them online only if csv files.   So I took that and a bit of code…
in App Innovations
Ronnie
The worldwide Solutions Consulting team at FileMaker, Inc. would like to share some of our favorite FileMaker 17 Platform features through a series of feature exploratory files. In this post, we’ll look at portals for master-detail layouts.   The master-detail interface is one of the most commonly used design patterns in today’s apps. In a… (Show more)
in FileMaker Platform Resources
wimdecorte
FileMaker Server is the true cornerstone of any app deployment. Big or small.   That has been the driving factor behind my desire to get very familiar with all of the FileMaker Server features, and it is a belief that I have been trying to convey while speaking at most of the DevCons over the past 17 years.   When I got started back with FileMaker… (Show more)
David Weiner
Click to view contentThis is a replacement for the default Enlightened Theme. I've only made simple improvements to it, so it should drop right in to a layout that uses the Enlightened Theme and leave it completely intact.   Old Enlightened: More Enlightened:   Most of the work was to remove the gradients, modernize the buttons and accent colors, and remove…
in App Innovations
Brent_Durland
Click to view contentIf you're working offline on your iPhone or iPad, this may improve your data sync between FM Go and FM Server.     Many FM Go sync options try to sync too much data at once, and this can be problematic, even with a fast internet connection. Instead of connecting to the FileMaker server, this technique uses PHP scripts on a web server to push and…
in Product Announcements
fmpdude
Click to view contentInstalling an SSL Certificate Into FileMaker Server 17 Using KeyTool/KeyStore  Approximately 1,980 words Approximate reading time: 8 minutes   Introduction After all the postings on the FileMaker forum where people have issue after issue installing SSL, FMS 17, surprisingly, removes CSR creation from the Administration Console. Some might argue,…
in App Innovations
monkeybreadsoftware
There is currently no direct way to tell SQL to use the current found set as condition for a query. But with the GetNthRecord function from FileMaker and the FM.Loop function in MBS FileMaker Plugin, we can build a list of IDs and generate automatically the SQL condition to use the found set.   The following line queries a list of IDs from current…
in App Innovations
ClickWorks
Click to view contentHi everybody,   Since FM16 it is possible to open your WebDirect file with user and password. This can be done with a HTTP POST request.   Also a script, a parameter, homeurl and variables can be passed.   See my blog and example file here: http://www.clickworks.eu/en/directly-login-webdirect-file-with-user-and-password-in-filemaker-16/  …
in App Innovations
Jeff_Benjamin
Click to view contentWAN performance can be difficult to measure and improve. Your solution works great in the office, but when used outside your network, it is slow. Why? How can you make it better? This is the topic of many community  postings and DevCon sessions over the years. Since network latency is often a significant factor in slow performance, the collective… (Show more)
Load more items