FileMaker Platform Resources

steve_ssh
Synopsis:   This document is to share a pair of companion custom functions that I wrote in response to this post:           https://community.filemaker.com/message/776755   The functions translate FileMaker rich text content into a format which can be expressed using just plain text.  As in the post above, use cases could include any scenario…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
Since problems have been reported with FMS and installed Java versions, please be careful with Java and FMS using this tutorial. There are warnings in the tutorial below. Additionally, the code below is not intended to be production ready, just another example showing how to drastically enhance the power in FMP.   ---------------   This tutorial…
in App Innovations
mrwatson-gbs
cURL Specification: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt     Getting started with the new cURL options is quite daunting and a steep learning curve.   As there seems to be no good source about the purpose of the various FileMaker cURL options, I am starting this document to fill that gap - based on the ETS-info from FMI + my own internet…
in App Innovations
user2147216
This is my first blog post in the community, so I thought I would just share how I became interested in the FileMaker platform. So, here goes...   I was working as the director of an it department. The company I worked for had locations in Oregon, Washington, and California. They were using an old 4D database to manage much of their day-to-day… (Show more)
fmpdude
An easy way to connect FileMaker (or really, any program) to many popular online services is to use the inexpensive "ExpanDrive" utility on Mac and Windows to create a local drive mapping to these services. On Windows, this mapping would be drive letter. On Mac, this mapping would be a volume.   The good news is that, once connected, you access…
in App Innovations
jrenfrew
The Cal-Card-2 files on Github have been updated to add a refreshObject parameter, so if you call the script from a button or button bar, particularly when you cancel the action, you now can refresh that requesting object. See the final example script for how to pass it.   As ever, report any issues via the Github page  …
in App Innovations
ThierryGuemboura
When we click on the pencil icon and choose Question Ask a question, I suggest to add just above the placeholder Ask a question a small paragraph to describe what type of information might be good to put in the question, like: OS FMP version Table Name(s) Field Name(s) Relationship Graph screenshot Script screenshot etc. A sentence will…
lavendt
An interesting "hidden" feature of the new Card Style Window is that you can actually place it outside the parent window. Though, it is still attached to the parent window, but if you are using it on desktop and you are not running your application in full screen, it can be an interesting way of presenting a menu or other content, without…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
If you want to start using micro-services in FMP, consider Python and the super simple framework: Flask. If you're unsure what benefits micro-services give you, check out this list below:   Key benefits of micro-services include: Uses industry standard protocols (HTTP verbs!). Enables you to tap into powerful modern languages. Easy to Learn.…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
Installing an SSL Certificate Into FileMaker Server 17 Using KeyTool/KeyStore  Approximately 1,980 words Approximate reading time: 8 minutes   Introduction After all the postings on the FileMaker forum where people have issue after issue installing SSL, FMS 17, surprisingly, removes CSR creation from the Administration Console. Some might argue,…
in App Innovations
weihaoding
Tableau is a leading Business Intelligence (BI) and charting product that gained its popularity among the FileMaker community in the past couple of years. With FileMaker 16 introducing the Tableau connector, Tableau can connect to a FileMaker solution utilizing the FileMaker Data API without having to export data from FileMaker then import into…
in App Innovations
Load more items