FileMaker Platform Resources

User26648
I don't know how many this is a problem for but most of the solutions i work on have been created or modified by someone else and therefore my knowledge of their relationship graph is minimal. Is there any plans to add a search in the relationship area or filter that will hide tables that don't meet the filter criteria. 
User26648
The current mapping area within FileMaker is barely usable if you are importing data into another system where the fields don't match. Often we have clients who export data from other systems or provide us with exports of data and the matching of the data is VERY tedious. Is this going to be improved in the near future or does anyone have any…
wimdecorte
FileMaker Server is the true cornerstone of any app deployment. Big or small.   That has been the driving factor behind my desire to get very familiar with all of the FileMaker Server features, and it is a belief that I have been trying to convey while speaking at most of the DevCons over the past 17 years.   When I got started back with FileMaker… (Show more)
in FileMaker Platform Resources
Ronnie
The worldwide Solutions Consulting team at FileMaker, Inc. would like to share some of our favorite FileMaker 17 Platform features through a series of feature exploratory files. In this post, we’ll look at portals for master-detail layouts.   The master-detail interface is one of the most commonly used design patterns in today’s apps. In a… (Show more)
in FileMaker Platform Resources
mrwatson-gbs
cURL Specification: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt     Getting started with the new cURL options is quite daunting and a steep learning curve.   As there seems to be no good source about the purpose of the various FileMaker cURL options, I am starting this document to fill that gap - based on the ETS-info from FMI + my own internet…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
Since problems have been reported with FMS and installed Java versions, please be careful with Java and FMS using this tutorial. There are warnings in the tutorial below. Additionally, the code below is not intended to be production ready, just another example showing how to drastically enhance the power in FMP.   ---------------   This tutorial…
in App Innovations
jrenfrew
The Cal-Card files on Github have been updated to add display of bank holiday or lockout dates, pass them as a JSON of array of numbers ( getasnumber ( $date) ) See the example script for how to pass them.   As ever, report any issues via the Github page   https://github.com/rwu2359/CalPick  
in App Innovations
PeterDoern
Problem: you want to detect ahead of time whether a user has sufficient privileges to view, edit, create records in or delete records in a table. Right now our only option is to Set Error Capture [ On ], try the operation, and see what Get ( LastError ) returns.   Here is a relatively simple way to detect record-level access ahead of time.…
in App Innovations
weihaoding
Tableau is a leading Business Intelligence (BI) and charting product that gained its popularity among the FileMaker community in the past couple of years. With FileMaker 16 introducing the Tableau connector, Tableau can connect to a FileMaker solution utilizing the FileMaker Data API without having to export data from FileMaker then import into…
in App Innovations
fmpdude
If you want to start using micro-services in FMP, consider Python and the super simple framework: Flask. If you're unsure what benefits micro-services give you, check out this list below:   Key benefits of micro-services include: Uses industry standard protocols (HTTP verbs!). Enables you to tap into powerful modern languages. Easy to Learn.…
in App Innovations
Load more items