1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2011 12:22 AM by Redggie

File not found FMP11 Windows mystery

rcarbaugh

Title

File not found FMP11 Windows mystery

This is going to sound cryptic, and i don't mean it to be so.  Either there is a reason for FMP to be deleting this file, or my client is just really lost on her PeeCee.

I set up a donation tracking file in FMP11 on my Mac for use on a client's Windows 7 machine.  She's in Texas, I'm in NY.  I used the Contact Management template for the addresses, and added a table for donations with a DonorID serial number as the One to Many link.  Pretty straight-forward stuff.  She was using FMP 7 for a few years, now she upgraded to FMP11 and I completely re-did the database structure for her.

It is all one file with multiple tables, no external data.  There are apparently 5 tables for the Contact Management, and I added one table with SerialNum, Date, Amount, Type, DonorID, etc..

Twice now, after she has had a couple of sessions entering a handful of addresses and donations, she has gone back to add more data and the file "disappeared."  She has tried to open the filename and encountered "File Not Found" dialog box.  The last time, she said that she searched and searched and her computer couldn't find the file anywhere.

Unless I'm wrong, there is only one file, so it is not looking for a link to another file-- it is all self contained.  It is not like she moved one file and the first file is looking for it.

Is there any logical reason that her file might have gotten deleted inadvertently by FMP or Windows?

This is really odd, and I don't have an answer for her.

Thanks for your help.

rcarbaugh

• 1. Re: File not found FMP11 Windows mystery
          Redggie

Sounds Like an ID 10 T Error  maybe she had created a short cut and then not thinking moved the file to another location breaking the link, get her to type in the search area *.fp7 to do a global search of her HArd Drive. if not there try the recycle bin, if not there, yes you have a Mystery.