1 Reply Latest reply on May 27, 2012 11:02 PM by Sorbsbuster

File Options account password not working

rmanbike

Title

File Options account password not working

I created FM DB and each one will not open after entering in the account name and password. After creating the DB, File - File Options - Open/Close tab - check log in using - Account name and password - I enter in a name and password. not scripts selected. I recieve dialog " This file will be opened automatically using the specified account.  To use a different account, hold down the Option key (Mac OS) or Shift key (Windows) while opening the file." 

I close the file, then open file, have Open (database name) check account name and password

enter in name exactly as before - enter in password exactly as before 

next dialog: 

The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again. 

So I created 4 more FM database tests files, used "File Options" to create username & password , and each and everyone will not open! 

This first time I have ever had this problem, using FM Pro Advance 11 of osx

Whats going on here? 

• 1. Re: File Options account password not working
          Sorbsbuster

You have to create a user name and password in File -> Manage - Security first.  Then in File Options you can set one of those accounts (and its password) to be the account that the file will automatically use to log in - it will open seamlessly, not asking for any password.

You are getting the first diaplogue to confirm what you have just done, and are getting the second dialogue because the user name and password you set in the File Option is not one you have previously created.