1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 2:56 PM by philmodjunk

File Size Limit in FileMaker Pro 11?

AndreaGreene

Title

File Size Limit in FileMaker Pro 11?

Can anyone tell me if there is a file size limit for FileMaker Pro 11 (academic/nonprofit version)?  I have reached just under 4GB for a photograph database, and each time I try to add a new record, the file either becomes damaged, or the FileMaker program closes/stops responding.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: File Size Limit in FileMaker Pro 11?
          philmodjunk

More likely, your file is damaged.

I have a file being hosted in server ten that is now 4.8 GB in size so I don't think you've reached a file size limit here.

You'll also want to use a disk drive utility to make sure your drive is healthy as well.

Sympathies here as that large a file will be a real pain to check with a recover and importing data into an undamaged copy of your file will take a looong time, but it may be unavoidable here.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.