2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 2:34 AM by danrowe

File won't open just getting spinning disc

danrowe

Title

File won't open just getting spinning disc

Hi

I'm not sure what has happened I was work on the file below when I moved from database management to layout I had a spinning disc come up a now the file won't open just get the spinning disc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2041kb41osgjc9w/Cost%20Plan.fmp12?dl=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: File won't open just getting spinning disc
          schamblee

You didn't state if you were using version 12 or 13.  The file will open in 12 but will not open in 13.  I ran recover (in 12 and 13) on the file and it didn't detect any errors. I assume that there is some kind of layout corruption that 12 doesn't detect or ignores because it pertains to a new feature in 13.  I would suggest using a backup copy. 

Tech support monitors this forum but It is suggested to use the "Report an Issue" at the top of this page to report a bug or strange behavior such as this.  Tech support may need to look at the file to determine the issue with it.

• 2. Re: File won't open just getting spinning disc
            danrowe

Thanks 

I am using 13, over the weekend managed to copy the tables into a new database and started again with the forms a scripts improving some areas so I am quite happy with that, but I will report this issue as I have lost a bit of confidence in Filemaker and wouldn't want this to happen to any other files.