7 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2010 11:47 AM by philmodjunk

filemaker 10

yson

Title

filemaker 10 & dot printer

Hi,

My company 's still using  OkiData 9 Pin dot printer with dos inventory program .  We  use 2 layer  carbon copy sheet ( white - yellow ) to keep an invoice for office and  warehouse.   Now, we're trying to developing new program  with filemaker.

Are there any difficulties to use dot printer ?   We need identical 2 invoice receipt with different color respectively to prevent confusion.    Or  is it possible to print  2 invoice receipt with different title at one click for post -update nventory ?

yson.

• 1. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
          philmodjunk

We print hundreds of NCR invoices via filemaker 10 and Okidata Microline 591 printers every day.

We haven't had any major issues doing so. The only thing we had to do was set up a custom page size as our reciepts aren't a standard paper size. That requires the cashiers to manually set the page size each morning as filemaker 10 doesn't seem to retain the custom page size, but other than that no problems.

(I keep trying to convince the boss that a simple laser printer printing multiple copies would be much cheaper, but so far no go...)

• 2. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
            yson

Hi,

Thank you for youropinion. However, is it possible to print  2 invoice receipt with different title at one click for post -update nventory ?

Thank you.

yson

• 3. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
              philmodjunk

I see no reason why you couldn't design your system to do that. The details depend on the design of your database and exactly what you need to see happen.

• 4. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
                yson

Hi,

I see. I am a beginner who follows the ready_made kit from Filemaker. Just wonder to print 2 identical invoices with only different title at the same time. with one click.  I know 2 buttons, 2 clicks  for 2 invoices works well. 

Thank you.

yson

• 5. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
                  philmodjunk

You could have two layouts for the same invoice and your print script could simply print one copy from layout 1, switch to layout 2 and print another copy.

Or you could have your script print copy 1, change a text field at the top of your page and then print a second copy.

Just two simple possibilities.

• 6. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
                    yson

Hi,

Thank you for your  opinion. It's about script matter, .....  getting harder...

Thank you.

Regards,

yson

• 7. Re: filemaker 10 & dot printer
                      philmodjunk

You can also do this by hand, but a script makes it quicker and more convenient.

Learning how to create scripts and other design changes to the template files will open up many additional options for you if you are able to invest the time in learning how to make this work. There are books and tutorials available if you want to take advantage of them. You can also keep posting questions to this forum.