3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 6:55 AM by marketg

Filemaker 10 printing only one record in list mode instead of all records

marketg

Title

Filemaker 10 printing only one record in list mode instead of all records

I have a short term situation I am looking to see if is fixable.

In Filemaker 10, running on OS10.9 we have a problem printing multiple records in list mode. Instead of printing all the records it will only print the first record. We are positive "print all records" is selected in the print dialog box.

This only happens on machines running OS10.9 and we know FM10 is not supported on this OS.

Is there a fix at all for this problem that anyone knows of?

In the long run we have bought FM13 and this problem corrects itself with this upgrade. But we are a few months out from moving to FM13. So would like to find a solutions in the short term if possible.

Thanks for any help.  :)

Jason

• 1. Re: Filemaker 10 printing only one record in list mode instead of all records
          philmodjunk

We are positive "print all records" is selected in the print dialog box.

That's not the name of this option. Make sure that "records being browsed" has been selected.

This only happens on machines running OS10.9 and we know FM10 is not supported on this OS.

That's probably the reason and if so there's no fix other than upgrading. But check to be sure that you have a found set of the records you want to print--not just one and make sure that "list view" really is selected, not "form view".

You might try using Save As PDF to see if it will produce a PDF of the found set of records. If so, you have a temporary work around in hand.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 10 printing only one record in list mode instead of all records
            marketg

Yep, "records being browsed" is selected and the layout is in list view. Saving as a PDF didn't work either.

I'll keep playing around to see if I can find a temporary solution - and post it - if it will help anyone else.

Jason

• 3. Re: Filemaker 10 printing only one record in list mode instead of all records
              marketg

Ok new interesting thing -

So out of curiosity I created a new FM10 database and put some dummy records in. In this test file, I can print multiple records just fine. So then I went back to my original that isn't working and created a new layout thinking that maybe there is something goofy on the layout. Only added one field, the invoice number field..... and no luck, still not printing all the records being browsed.

Any thoughts on all this?

Jason