4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2011 5:20 AM by BillCorbit

FileMaker 11 not compatible with new Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printing features?

AndyWalz

Title

FileMaker 11 not compatible with new Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printing features?

Since installing FileMaker 11 on our Mac network we cannot print from our networked FileMaker Database to our 1 year old Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printer using any of the advanced features. It will print basic, 1-sided prints but trying to duplex, add a staple, print in color, is now futile.  FileMaker is the only application that is affected. For example I can export to PDF and then print from Acrobat or Preview using features but this is not a long term solution for us.

I've tried reinstalling the driver, tried FM Pro and FM Adv on both Mac OS 10.6 and 10.5 machines and still cannot resolve. I called Xerox and they told me that the WorkCentre 74xx plug-ins are not compatible with FileMaker 11 and that I need to contact FileMaker. I removed the plug-ins but still cannot get FM to print duplex, color, etc.

If anyone has any workarounds for this issue I'd really appreciate any ideas at this point. 

• 1. Re: FileMaker 11 not compatible with new Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printing features?
          dumiya

AndyWaltz

Not sure if you are still watching this site:  I have a problem not the same but similar.   You say that the Xerox printer will work correctly with other programs on the Mac so on the basis of this:

There is a similar problem with Filemaker and most printers it seems!!!!  Try to see if the "Standard" (lexmark maybe 'default' in others) or any of the printer windows 'preset' will bring up the Filemaker box in the centre of you print window. If you can to move to another printer and back again it may connect.  See if there is an adobe printer as an option (even if it does not work) then back again.  For my printer I found that once I could get the 'Standard' (for Lexmark) to work I could make the changes and 'Save as....'   All this being said I am struggling to get the office docucenter to give me the options I want.  The downloaded files from Xerox don't seem to connect with anything.  But I am not spending much time trying.

D

• 2. Re: FileMaker 11 not compatible with new Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printing features?
            LyleMillander

We have the same problem with our Xerox WorkCenter 7335 and 5632 (unreleased 1.2 driver).

Selecting popup menu entries in the 'Xerox Features' section of the print dialog do no stick. Eg. 'Output Color' popup says 'Color.' User selects 'Grayscale.' Popup menu remains on 'Color.' As AndyWaltz mentions, setting Xerox printer presets from other programs allows 'Xerox Features' to be changed when FileMaker is active program.

'FileMakerPro' menu selection in Apple print dialog often does not appear. User can bypass this issue by selecting an alternate printer in the print dialog, then switch back to the Xerox. Although this will allow access to the 'FileMakerPro' menu, it causes a crash after multiple executions.

These Xerox drivers appear to work correctly with all other 32bit applications on our 10.6 systems.

• 3. Re: FileMaker 11 not compatible with new Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printing features?
              LyleMillander

The 7335 driver version 2.12.0 is now available. I've tested it with FileMakerPro 11 v2 and v3.

1. The FileMakerPro print menu now appears as it should in the Apple print dialog.

2. Selections made using pop-up menus in Xerox Features section of print dialog now "stick."

The driver has one cosmetic issue in that printing presets that toggle between color and B&W don't toggle the related radio button in Xerox Features. The driver does honor the preset and prints as desired.

Hooray.

• 4. Re: FileMaker 11 not compatible with new Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printing features?
                BillCorbit

I'm having the same problem with my 7232.  I've been working with Xerox tech support, but have not resolved the issue.  Is it clear whether this is a Xerox issue or Filemaker?  My selected menus options do not "stick" and the workaround  is annoying.