0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2010 12:53 PM by BrandonMills

Filemaker 11 Pro deployment via Group Policy Software Installation

BrandonMills

Title

Filemaker 11 Pro deployment via Group Policy Software Installation

Hi all,

I've spent the past few hours extremely frustrated. Hopefully somebody in the forums can help.

I want to deploy Filemaker 11 Pro, fully patched, over active directory domain. First I create an administrative install of Filemaker 11 Pro.

msiexec /a Filemaker Pro 11.msi

From the new admin install directory, I'd like to update Filemaker 11 to Filemaker 11 v2 before I deploy it. I attempt to do so, and I'm immediately shot down.

msiexec /a Filemaker Pro 11.msi /p ../FMP11V2_Updater.msp

"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

Just to be clear, both the patch and the installer are perfectly fine, clean copies. I tested both by double clicking and by re-downloading.

To make matters worse, I know off the top of my head that Bonjour isn't in MSI format, and tracking down an MSI is going to be pleasant. I'm sure Apple of all people would love my Windows administrating experience to be pain-free. ( or not. )