4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2012 6:46 AM by ralvy

Filemaker 12 Color Palette

ralvy

Title

Filemaker 12 Color Palette

What I really miss from prior versions of Filemaker is the 88-color palette of colored squares. Is there a way to get that back? I don't see a way to do that in Filemaker 12. The closest thing I see in Filemaker 12 is the palette of crayons, but it's not that close in terms of offerings. All my layouts have been standardized on the 88-color palette of the past.

• 1. Re: Filemaker 12 Color Palette
          ralvy

I should note that when I choose to pick a color for text, I do get a 120-color palette of squares, but not when I choose to pick a color for Fill. This is tested on the Mac Lion OS.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 12 Color Palette
            ralvy

Okay, I just tried this out with FM12 on Windows 7 and it works fine on Windows 7. That is, when I choose to pick a Fill color in layout mode, I am offered the 120-color palette of squares, unlike on Mac Lion. On both platforms, I get the 120-color palette when choosing to pick a Text color.

Further testing shows this is only a problem when choosing to add a Fill color with Inspector. It works fine when using the right-click menu.

I'll report this as a bug in the Problems forum.

• 3. Re: Filemaker 12 Color Palette
              Jade

I'm just curious since I don't have FM12 to test this yet.

In previous FM versions, you could set the Color Palette in the FileMaker Preferences>Layout tab to 88, 256 or 216.  This has a direct bearing on how the color picker is displayed.  Do you have the option to set it to 88 in FM12?

• 4. Re: Filemaker 12 Color Palette
                ralvy

You can no longer set that option in FM12 Preferences. What follows are the relevant Preferences screens from FM11 and FM12 side by side: