AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker 12 Conversion - Custom Dialogue Choices

Question asked by Sorbsbuster on May 27, 2013
Latest reply on May 28, 2013 by Sorbsbuster

Title

Filemaker 12 Conversion - Custom Dialogue Choices

My intense dislike of FM12 continues unabated.

I converted a perfectly-working FM11 file to FM12.  Now scripts with custom dialogues don't work because the button choices have been removed.  It took me a while to catch on, as the early scripts I ran were often one-button-choice 'information' dialogues, with just an 'OK' button, to accept.

Then I tested some others that had, for example, 'OK' and 'Cancel'.  Now they only have 'OK'.  When I click on 'OK', nothing happens.  Well, that's because the default button had been set to 'Cancel', as a safe-default.  So the conversion has changed the appearance of the 'Cancel' button to be labelled as an 'OK' button.  And when I edit the custom dialogue in the script, all button labels have been removed.

I'm sure there is some driving logic for that (possibly from the same source as the logic for making the layout design interface a nightmare); maybe it will come to me as I spend days trawling through all of my scripts to figure out where custom dialogues were used, and what the buttons used to be labelled with.

EDIT: Potential correction: the scripts affected seem to be individual scripts I copied and pasted from an FM11 file into an FM12 file, rather than scripts that were there as part of the conversion process.  I'll check deeper.  They also have lost the feature of any button being 'Commit'.  It is a real problem, as everything seems to work at the point of design.

Outcomes