AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker 12 crashes when saving as PDF in windows XP with SP3

Question asked by kyledraco on May 4, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 by JoachimTiedeke

Title

Filemaker 12 crashes when saving as PDF in windows XP with SP3

I have Filemaker 12 Pro installed on a PC with Windows XP SP3. The windows updates are current and Adobe Reader version 10.1.3 is installed on the machine. I have a layout that was converted from Filemaker 11 that prints a report about 10 pages long. I put the layout in Preview mode and click "SAVE to PDF" button or "Save/send records as PDF" from the file menu. A small window showing "saving PDF" flashes and then windows reports Filemaker 12 has reported an error. I click do not send report and Filemaker 12 closes. I have tried to adjust the layout size to fit the page, create a script to save as PDF with error capture ON and changed the PDF options, but it errors out of Filemaker Pro each time I try to save the report as a PDF. I can save the report to excel with no problems, and the report saves to PDF with no issues on any Windows 7 PC. Any ideas what would be causing this? The save to PDF worked fine in version 11 of Filemaker Pro on this machine. Also, I uninstalled all version of Filemaker before I installed Filemaker 12 PRO and i have also uninstalled and reinstalled Filemaker 12 PRO at least once. I am also sure that the folder I am saving too is set to the correct security for writing/saving the file as I have saved several other files there during my testing of this problem.

Outcomes