4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2015 7:17 PM by robdownunder

Filemaker 12 Pro - Forcing user to double-click

MikeDevich

Title

Filemaker 12 Pro - Forcing user to double-click

I have a user that periodically is having issues where FileMaker 12 Pro is forcing him to double-click on the screen.  It's not too much of an issue until he needs to check a box or select something from a dropdown.

The problem does go away when he shutsdown and restarts FileMaker.

He is using a MacBook Pro.  Any suggestions of how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Filemaker 12 Pro - Forcing user to double-click
          philmodjunk

You may have a bug to report over in Report an Issue. You may have a problem with the file--either damaged or something odd in its design.

But for those of us reading your post, we'll need a log more detail before we can suggest possible issues to check.

Can you describe that "required double click" scenario in more detail? What exactly is the user trying to do when he finds that he has to double click the screen? What exactly is he double clicking? What did he do immediately prior to finding that he had to double click?

• 2. Re: Filemaker 12 Pro - Forcing user to double-click
            MikeDevich

PhilModJunk, Thanks for your reply.

We have 30 other users in our app, but he is the only one having this issue.  Basically, the problem is that if he is clicking on any link, that normally only requires a single click to perform an action, it is making him double-click.  He told me that it just happens periodically and doesn't seem to have any pattern to it.

I am thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Pro for him to see if that will help.

• 3. Re: Filemaker 12 Pro - Forcing user to double-click
              philmodjunk

And what kind of "link" is he clicking? A button or....? (FileMaker doesn't have "links" it has buttons and script triggers.)

We have 30 other users in our app,

Are your users all accessing the same hosted database over a LAN, using individual separate copies of your file, accessing a web published (if so by what method?) database? A wide area network?

• 4. Re: Filemaker 12 Pro - Forcing user to double-click
                robdownunder

I've been seeing this issue with FMPro Adv 13.0v4  on a couple of iMacs running OS X 10.10.3 (and .2) for a few weeks now.

We have multiple FM databases and often more than 1 is open at a time.

Multiple times, every day, on both Macs FM will not behave normally for a single click on a button or field.  Double clicking can make it work most of the time.

Closing a few of the FM windows and re-opening the same layout can sometimes clear it. Most of the time it's just quicker to close all the windows and reopen the file.    FM does not need to be quit and restarted.

It's a real PITA.

The problem is significantly worse on one of the databases compared to the others, but that might just be because it's being used heavily at the moment.