AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker 5 migration to Filemaker 10

Question asked by TedRoss on Feb 10, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2010 by fitch

Title

Filemaker 5 migration to Filemaker 10

1. The version of FileMaker Pro you are using:  Filemaker Pro 5 MS-Windows XP Pro

2. The operating system and version you are using:  MS-Windows XP Pro

3. Describe as much detail about your database as is pertinent to your question.  Otherwise, other forum participants will have to guess and/or ask for more information: 

4. Please indicate whether your database file is being shared over a network, or being published to the web via either Instant Web Publishing (IWP) or Custom Web Publishing (CWP): Database is shared over a network

5.  We have been using Filemaker Pro 5 since February 2001 and stopped upgrading since this app did everything necessary to accomplish our needs. Now we need to upgrade to a new version of Filemaker Pro that will be compatible with our new enterprise operating environment; MS-Windows - Vista. My questions are: Will my version of Filemaker Pro 5 work with the operating environment MS-Windows- Vista? Can I migrate my database and scripts to Filemaker Pro 10?  If not, what is the next version of FM (not necessarily the latest) that will work incrementally to make this proposed migration. Can this recommended version convert my databases automatically from version 5?  I appreciate any thoughts, info, comments from anyone who might have been faced with similar circumstances. 

Outcomes