1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 11:24 AM by TSGal

Filemaker 6 on Citris Access Essentials

auger

Title

Filemaker 6 on Citris Access Essentials

Hi to all,

<!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument>   <w:View>Normal</w:View>   <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>   <w:PunctuationKerning/>   <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>   <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>   <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>   <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>   <w:Compatibility>    <w:BreakWrappedTables/>    <w:SnapToGridInCell/>    <w:WrapTextWithPunct/>    <w:UseAsianBreakRules/>    <w:DontGrowAutofit/>   </w:Compatibility>   <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif] --><!-- [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif] --><!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal      {mso-style-parent:"";      margin:0in;      margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:12.0pt;      font-family:"Times New Roman";      mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p      {mso-margin-top-alt:auto;      margin-right:0in;      mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;      margin-left:0in;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:12.0pt;      font-family:"Times New Roman";      mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1      {size:8.5in 11.0in;      margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;      mso-header-margin:.5in;      mso-footer-margin:.5in;      mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1      {page:Section1;} --><!-- [if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable      {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;      mso-style-noshow:yes;      mso-style-parent:"";      mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;      mso-para-margin:0in;      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:10.0pt;      font-family:"Times New Roman";      mso-ansi-language:#0400;      mso-fareast-language:#0400;      mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif] -->

I need help with File maker on Citrix Software. I am running File maker Server 5.5 on my domain Controller and Citrix on another server both have Windows Server 2003 R2. I have 4 locations with 72 databases with in that location. I’m trying to get all the computers to run off of citrix server. How do I get all the databases together on one domain controller with out exceeding the 100 hosted file max and keep the databases separate. I would like to some how have the user log in the pick a location of Aus, Sat, Dal, Tul or something like that. I need to keep the databases information to stay with in that location name.

Thanks for any help,

German 

• 1. Re: Filemaker 6 on Citris Access Essentials
          TSGal

auger:

Thank you for your post.

You cannot exceed 100 hosted files, so you may want to consider combining the four locations into one location, but include a field to determine the location.  That way, when a user logs in, the user can only see records in that particular location.  No need to pick a location, since the log in should automatically know where that user is located.  Does that make sense?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.