AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker 9 - List View: Can you do it in reverse?

Question asked by Pstone on Jul 28, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2009 by Pstone

Title

Filemaker 9 - List View: Can you do it in reverse?

Senario:

Machine 1 and Machine 2 are both looking at a very simple layout in list mode. Single line of data... say for example just name, phone # and date. Both are accessing a server to view data.

There are say 5 records so you see on both machines:

Record 1 data

Record 2 data

Record 3 data

Record 4 data

Record 5 data

Now on machine #1 you hit ^N, I don't care where the cursor is, say at the bottom like usual so you enter in Record 6 data and when you click off, I want it to show up on the other machine ON THE TOP pushing all the other records down:

Record 6 data

Record 1 data

Record 2 data

Record 3 data

Record 4 data

Record 5 data

Normally it always puts it on the bottom.

The reason being is that I want to sort a phone list so that the latest calls are at the top of the sorted list view (reverse date) and then you can have one machine just sit there with no one touching it and when someone on another machine enters in a new call, it shows up AT THE TOP. Normally it puts it at the bottom and since by then all the data is way off the screen, you don't see the update unless you scroll down which no one will ever do.

I've tried a script sort with the Put Cursor At TOP but that fails. Sure the cursor is there but so what, new records still show at the bottom.

Possible?

Outcomes