10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 5:51 PM by won

FileMaker 9 pro advanced won't let me Activate say I have too many activations?

pjonesCET

Title

FileMaker 9 pro advanced won't let me Activate say I have too many activations?

In most applications I have there License or EULA allow one copy of an application on one Desktop, one laptop and one Backup drive  you personally own and have control over.

I recently had to replace a hard drive in my Desktop unit. And installed OSX.4.11 on the new replacement drive. So I took the opportunity install (pro adavanced on this drive. the original Secondary drive i made into my Primary drive has OSX.3.9 installed so I could only upgrade to 8.5 pro on that Drive.

When I attempted to activate 9 pro advanced It said i had too many items activated and recommened that I  deactivate some.

Do I need to deactivate 8.5 on my OSX.3.9 drive. Or did the installer actually not read upgradable products on my primary drive. Most application installers I used will poll the the drive installing on first, the the next detected drive, then the next, and so on. I didn't see where it looked anywhere other than the drive it installed on.

I have a FM7 and and 8.5 both on main Drive. Is this what is happening?

I could remove FM7 but can't figure out how to deactivate it.

Any suggestions.