1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 10:09 PM by davidanders

FileMaker Backups

dg3321

Title

FileMaker Backups

After the recent hurricane on the east coast, it got me wondering about whether or not i'm doing enough to backup my database (which i created for my real estate business and use it everyday).  Luckily, my office was not damaged, but if it was, the only backup i would then have would be on my dropbox account and i wonder whether or not if that is enough.

Currently, i use an external hard drive for apple's 'time machine', a usb thumb drive that i manually back up the file to at the end of each day, and lastly i do the same with my drop box folder.

Can anyone share how they save their database and protect it both for security purposes and for the sake of not losing the information and the structure of the database itself?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: FileMaker Backups
          davidanders

Wuala.com  is rare in that encryption happens on your computer and is transmitted. It also will run on USB thumb drive, does not require install.

Wuala was purchased by LaCie and gives 5 Gb of online free storage.   Lose the password and nobody can recover your data.

Crashplan is free on Mac, Win, Linux will backup to another computer running it. It backs up to local storage devices also.