1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2010 8:14 PM by KenS

Filemaker Bug? Conditional Formatting Over Tab Controls Problem

KenS

Title

Filemaker Bug? Conditional Formatting Over Tab Controls Problem

In an effort to improve the appearance of the tab controls, I have overlaid a gray bar and text that has conditional formatting. The problem is that the fill color doesnt seem to be redrawing correctly. to me it appears that the text/fill redraws differently depending on whether or not it is on over the tab control or not. I can add that the top/left of the text item is outside of the whole tab object, so it isnt part of any of the tabs. but you can see from the attached image how the redraw looks. This is after having the "Collected Fees" condition true, which added then fill, AND THEN clicking on the "Note Check", which should have switched the fill. The condition seems to work fine, e.g. it switches when it should, but the redraw isnt right. Additionally, I have tried this on three separate tab objects, one it worked fine, the other two like this.... Any suggestions?

Thanks

Screen_shot_2010-10-08_at_8.39.30_AM.png

• 1. Re: Filemaker Bug? Conditional Formatting Over Tab Controls Problem
          KenS

More information... The conditional formatting uses the formula

GetLayoutObjectAttribute( "panel4tab1" ; "isFrontTabPanel" ) = 1

It seems to redraw properly, always in Layout mode ( the conditional formatting changes as I change the tabs even in layout ). It seems to redraw properly, always when first switching to Browse mode, the default tab and all other tabs are all drawn correctly.

However, in two other situations it redraws improperly, or at least differently. The graphic in the above post shows that the redrawn formatting occurs correctly within the bounds of the tab panel, but not outside the panel. The split fill is the boundary of the tab panel. Also, if I move one of these completely outside of the tab panel it does not show the format change to either the font or the fill.

This seems like a Filemaker bug to me. Or is it my (mis)understanding of Filemaker intricacies?