1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 12:32 PM by daveslc

filemaker cannot share files over the web because instant web publishing could not be started

daveslc

Title

filemaker cannot share files over the web because instant web publishing could not be started

I am trying to turn on Instant Web Publishing, but have had no luck.  I click on the 'on' button, and it spins for quite awhile and I get the error: filemaker cannot share files over the web because instant web publishing could not be started

At one point (and only one in 20 tries), I was able to change the port number to 591.  I'm not sure if this held or not.

This did not help.

I have tried disabling various services that might have used port 80 (plaxo, microsoft au, safari, ichatagent), but no luck.  I quit mobileme.  Ichat is not running.

I threw away an old trial copy of filemaker 9 that I had. 

I threw away all com.filemaker  preference files (and they have not reappeared - maybe that was a bad thing to do?).

I threw away all of the preference files in the Filemaker Preferences folder. 

I threw away the bento preference files. 

When I try to turn it on, a process called fmiwppf starts, but then nothing...

I turned off programs in startup items that might have conflicted and have restarted my computer several times.

Web sharing, remote login, and file sharing in system preferences:sharing are turned on (I usually have them off, but thought I would try this). 

I have followed the instructions here: http://fm.lithium.com/fm/board/message?board.id=FM-en-4&message.id=24734  which haven't changed anything (I threw away the web.prefs file and I still get the spinning beach ball and same error message).  I was able to get the point of changing the port number (with web sharing turned on in system preferences).  Changing it to 591 results in the same error message.

Not sure what to do now.

The only thing I haven't done is reinstall fm. 

I'm using Filemaker Pro advanced 10.0.3 and Mac OS 10.5.8.

thanks,

Dave