1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 9:18 AM by TSGal

FileMaker consulting and licensing.

dash4689

Title

FileMaker consulting and licensing.

I don't know if this is the right place for this question.  If not please direct me. 

Several years ago, with FMPro 7.x I developed a pricing program for a friend at his company.  As I recall, I purchased 1 license which allowed me to install a copy on my machine at home where I developed his application, and then when done, I simply installed FM and my database on his machine without any hassle with 1 license.  When changes came along, I used the installation on my machine and then moved it to his machine when ready.

I understand that licensing has changed so that it is impossible to develop on one machine and then move it to another, even if FM is deleted from the development machine. Or is there another option to eliminate 2 full licenses to cover development and installation of one application?    

• 1. Re: FileMaker consulting and licensing.
          TSGal

dash4689:

Thank you for your post.

The licensing has not changed.  You can still develop on one machine, and then when finished, you can uninstall FileMaker Pro and install it on the other machine.

At your friend's company, the company may have purchased a volume license that allows many users to use the same copy of FileMaker Pro.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.