6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 9:20 AM by humbertomejia

Filemaker date notifications

humbertomejia

Title

Filemaker date notifications

hi, im using the invoice template in filemaker pro 11. I add a new field wich is a date field called next visit to costumer, i want filemaker send a notification to my email when this date arrived also i want filemaker notificate me when i open the program. Im new at this so i will appreciate very much is you can give me a step by step reply. 

Thanks!

Best Regards!

• 1. Re: Filemaker date notifications
          user14974

Humberto,

Here is my idea: Create a script that runs when you open your file. The script would find any dates in your new field that are current or in the past but have not yet been respoded to by you. You would need a way to let filemaker know if you have responded to a specific date alert, so that it does not find that field after you have already been notified. The notification could be in the form of a custom dialog .

When you say that you "are new at this," I'm not sure what kind of detail you need.

Would you know how to create a find like that?

Do you know how to have a script run upon opening the file?

Do you know how to create a custom dialog?

Let me know if this helps, or if you want more ideas.

Stephen

• 2. Re: Filemaker date notifications
            humbertomejia

hey Stephen thanks for your quick response and sorry for my late reply i just perform this script 

Allow user Abort (off) 

Set Error Capture (on)

Go to layout (Record detail-invoices (invoices))

Enter find mode

Set Field (Invoices::Deadline payment day; Get ( CurrentDate ) & "..." & Get ( CurrentDate ) + 3

Preform find

If (get (foundcount)>0)

Show Custom Dialog

End If

This work like a Charm, now i want that filemaker send me an email with the info of those invoces that are pending: For example Costumer name, Deadline payment day, Extended price and product buyed. 

Best Regards!

• 3. Re: Filemaker date notifications
              humbertomejia

'ok, just did it i create a new layout with the info i wanted, viewed as a list then i perform this script:

Allow user Abort (off) 

Set Error Capture (on)

Go to layout (Record detail-invoices (invoices))

Enter find mode

Set Field (Invoices::Deadline payment day; Get ( CurrentDate ) & "..." & Get ( CurrentDate ) + 3

Preform find

If (get (foundcount)>0)

go to layout [ invoices list view]

Save Record as PDF [restore; no dialog; "$$FilePath; records being browsed]

Send mail [send via e-mail client; to "mi email addres"; cc: "my business partner email"; "Subject invoices pending"; "$$FilePath"]

perform script [Go to previous layout]

else

show custom dialog [no match found]

End if

this path works like charm for me, i hope this post helps someone else who's looking for this answer. 

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Filemaker date notifications
                Abhaya

Hi

This is right.If  you want this script should  perform when the user login/enter to the site then please attach it with layout enter trigger/open file step.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Filemaker date notifications
                  user14974
                  Humberto, Great job with that script! Are you developing this solution for your work? Stephen
                  • 6. Re: Filemaker date notifications
                    humbertomejia

yes, i have a company that sells medical equipment.