4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 2:37 PM by TSGal

FileMaker down samples

JoeFowler

Title

FileMaker down samples

FileMaker Pro 8.5

When I place a hi resolution PDF file into my data base FileMaker down samples the PDF file to a low res file. Is there a plug in/workaround for this?

Joe

• 1. Re: FileMaker down samples
          TSGal

Joe Fowler:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have a high-resolution PDF file to test.  Is it possible to obtain one of the PDF files from you?  If so, I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FileMaker down samples
            TSGal

Joe Fowler:

I have received your file.  Thank you.

I was able to replicate the problem.  The font is slightly different thickness, the gold color is darker, the red color is darker, etc.

I have forwarded your file to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When I receive information from either of these departments, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: FileMaker down samples
              JoeFowler
                 Do we have a solution for this problem
              • 4. Re: FileMaker down samples
                TSGal

Joe Fowler:

Sorry for the late reply.

No, there is no solution for this problem.  The image in FileMaker Pro is darker than it appears in Adobe Reader.  However, the image in FileMaker Pro appears the same as Mac OS X's Preview, which is what FileMaker Pro uses for displaying images.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.