AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Invoicing and Accounts Receivables

Question asked by mickwilli on Jul 4, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2013 by mickwilli

Title

Filemaker Invoicing and Accounts Receivables

Hi all,

I've been trying to think of a way to do this and to do it tidily and I'm coming up blank.

What I want to do, is to have invoices in Filemaker, which will link to out other systems in the same database. I have the Invoices setup in Filemaker with a related table for invoice line items, so that all works fine.

Where I come up blank is when it comes to processing payments against invoices. Currently we use an MYOB accouting package for our invoices and Accounts Recievable, but we want to reduce the admin work and double entry hence the move to recreating this in Filemaker. Currently when we process a payment for a client, we're taken to a screen that shows all the outstanding invoices for that particualr client. You then enter the details of the total payment, the payment date, etc. MYOB then automatically attributes the payment against the oldest invoices first until it uses the total amount. If there's an overpayment, it creates a credit.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make such a system in Filemaker? I can make a screen to show all the outstanding invoices for a client by going to the record of the client and then using a portal that has the records filtered to only show invoices that are unpaid, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Outcomes