AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Layout, Value Lists and Script Synchronization Lost When Moving ODBS Data Source

Question asked by BruceMills on Feb 11, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 by TSGal

Title

FileMaker Layout, Value Lists and Script Synchronization Lost When Moving ODBS Data Source

I have used FM since Claris 1.0. I run several FM and FM/ODBC apps to remote MySQL dev and production servers. I find that no mater how carefully I integrate the data source when switching from a dev server to a live server, I have to laboriously QA every layout, every value list and every script because the tables, fields and value names are all scambled.

I maintain bit-level synch between my dev and remotes db servers but no mater what I do, I cannot port the database without this bizarre and labor intensive step. Then I have to maintain two apps in synch. One for live and one for dev. I can't possibly be the only person who has run into this problem but cannot find any information anywhere that sheds any light on it. I found one blog that said it is impossible to port ODBC sources in FileMaker. If this is true it should be documented!

This should be a simple turn-key procedure. Any body have a clue or workaround?

Outcomes